Bill White's roleplaying game design blog, with emphasis on narrativist or story-heavy games.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Revisiting Rune Saga

Over the next few weeks, I'm going to be revisiting Rune Saga, my unfinished game whose oracular cards were in my opinion ahead of their time. My goal is to be ready to playtest at Dexcon. Held in July, this gaming convention is a particularly friendly venue for playtesting.

To get things started, I've created a functional Rune Saga deck, available here as four separate PDF pages plus a separate card back page. To use, print out each page on cardstock, flip them over in the printer paper tray, and print the card backs.

That way, you can play at home as design and development move forward. Background information on the constitution of the deck is available in older posts, so if anything seems mysterious, check back there.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A communication Ph.D., I teach public speaking and media-related courses in the middle of PA. I do research on scholarly/scientific communication, and I write & play roleplaying games.

Followers