Bill White's roleplaying game design blog, with emphasis on narrativist or story-heavy games.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Rune Saga: Eight Signs and Four Sigils

Here is an image of the signs and sigils as I've imagined them. They could be used to create playing cards for a rune deck.

You can think of each sign as consisting of three lines each, some of which are straight and some bent. Ael, with three straight lines, represents zero and thus both nullity/absence as well as beginnings or initiations; hin, with three (overlapping) bent lines stands for the number seven as well as completion, fullness, or manifold existence. You can I think see the beginnings of a Oerish numerology here.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A communication Ph.D., I teach public speaking and media-related courses in the middle of PA. I do research on scholarly/scientific communication, and I write & play roleplaying games.

Followers